Voip-Pal.Com Inc. Completes Share Purchase Agreement for the Acquisition of Digifonica (International) Limited
BELLEVUE, Wash., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
Voip-Pal.Com Inc. ("Voip-Pal") (OTC Pink Sheets: VPLM) is pleased to announce the completion of the Share Purchase Agreement to acquire Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica, Gibraltar"), a private company registered in Gibraltar. The date of completion of the Share Purchase Agreement was December 27, 2012. As a result of the acquisition, all Digifonica, Gibraltar shares are being converted into VPLM stock.
Included in the assets owned by "Digifonica, Gibraltar", are Patent Pending Applications listed as RBR (Routing, Billing and Rating), Lawful Intercept, Mobile Gateway, Short Code/Emergency Dialing and Advanced Interoperability Solutions.
About the Patent Pending Applications
1. Routing, Billing and Rating engine (RBR): ("Producing routing messages for VoIP communications") US Patent Publication No. 20100150328 (Link to RBR USPTO filing): RBR allows new Licensees to perform subscriber management from their own existing subscriber management and billing platforms. This series of patented technologies allow Licensees to setup and deploy Digital Voice solutions virtually anywhere in the world in a matter of days, without fear of infringing on mainstream VoIP patents. (see Verizon/Vonage litigation)
2. Lawful Intercept ("Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications") US Patent Publication No. 20100150138, (Link to Digifonica Lawful Intercept USPTO filing): Lawful Intercept is a revolutionary technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform scheduled and live intercepts on Digital Voice telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept.
3. Mobile Gateway, US Patent Publication No. 20110122827, (Link to Digifonica Mobile Gateway USPTO filing): This patent is designed to allow a single subscriber device to connect automatically to WiFi/WiMax and other wireless data connections.
4. Enhanced 911 ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications") International Application No. PCT/CA2008/000545: This is a patented technology which allows for Short Code/Emergency Dialing; in other words, the ability to enable true Emergency Calling solutions to Digital Voice subscribers.
5. Advanced Interoperability Solutions ("Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes") International Application No. PCT/CA2009/001317: This patent allows the transfer of in-session digital voice calls between disparate wireless technologies, enabling subscribers to roam seamlessly between different WiFi, WiMAX, 3G and 4G antenna technologies without losing a call.
About Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is a broadband VoIP telecom company offering local and long distance VoIP services to residential and business customers. The company also provides VoIP communication and reseller solutions for its partners. Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is the enabler of international calls using VoIP technology on the internet, smartphones and PC Tablets. Voip-Pal's goal is to provide a quality, high-speed and cost-effective telephone solution for the casual and business international traveler who must rely on their smartphones, laptops or tablets in order to communicate. Voip-Pal.Com, through its wholly owned subsidiary "Digifonica (International) Limited Gibraltar", is a technical leader in the VoIP services market which had revenues of $58 Billion in 2011 and is experiencing double digit year-over-year growth. The addition of Digifonica Gibraltar's patent portfolio greatly enhances shareholder value and will contribute to significant revenue growth for Voip-Pal.Com.
Retail Website: www.platinumphone.com.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
Company Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
IR inquiries: IR@voip-pal.com
US Telephone IR Contact: (954) 495-4600
Stock Quote: www.otcmarkets.com/stock/VPLM/quote
All statements contained in this news release, other than those identifying historical facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Safe Harbor provisions as contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relating to the Company's future expectations, including but not limited to revenues and earnings, technology efficacy, strategies and plans, are subject to safe harbors protection. Actual Company results and performance may be materially different from any future results, performance, strategies, plans, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
[ Back To IBM News 's Homepage ]