'Fellini' provides new insight into IVR experience with SpeechStorm Customer Journeys
Dec 17, 2012 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
- Latest release of SpeechStorm software tracks end-to-end customer paths through the IVR
- Better understanding makes everyday tasks even easier
Belfast - Leader in phone-based and mobile customer service, SpeechStorm, has announced the latest release of its software, code-named Fellini, including a powerful Customer Journeys module to display the end-to-end paths taken by customers through IVR and self-service applications. Armed with an insight into actual customer behaviour, organisations can modify the IVR to deliver improved experience and higher automation rates.
Code-based IVR systems are notorious in the contact centre industry for their limited reporting, with even the most basic information about throughput and automation rates requiring extensive development and analysis. SpeechStorm Customer Journeys provides a whole new way of understanding customer interactions and identifying areas for improvement.
Fully integrated with SpeechStorm's wide range of pre-built self-service applications, Customer Journeys automatically tracks the path taken by every customer using the IVR. These individual paths can then be summarised for a selected period - days, weeks or months - into easy-to-read tables and intuitive graphical journey maps showing the most popular routes and, crucially, their outcomes.
By following the end-to-end path, for example, a business can see just how many people listened to their balance and then went on to pay a bill, or how many, having been offered a special promotion at the start of a call, went on to upgrade later. Using this new-found insight, organisations can use SpeechStorm's built-in design, test and one-click deployment capabilities to make callflows more responsive, more natural and more effective. Customer Journeys can guide a telecoms operation, for example, in re-arranging menu options so the most popular items are at the top level of the IVR, with the added use of personalisation helping callers to get where they want to go, faster. It can also link steps in the process - hear my balance, check my usage, or find a better tariff, when appropriate. All of the above elements contribute to better service, reduced customer effort and increased loyalty.
SpeechStorm CEO and co-founder, Oliver Lennon, said, "The initial reaction from customers and prospects that have seen Customer Journeys is: 'Wow! This is what we've been crying out for!' For many of them, designing effective callflows has been a bit of a black art, so we're really excited to see how they adapt their IVRs based on a real understanding of end-to-end customer behaviour.
"To anyone with an IVR, I'd say, Get SpeechStorm, get Customer Journeys and get on with delivering self-service the way your customers want it!"
Fellini is available now for on-premise deployment and on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) basis.
Notes for Editors
NB: Illustrations are available to support this news.
More about Fellini's SpeechStorm Customer Journeys
- SpeechStorm Customer Journeys automatically tracks end-to-end interactions as a customer steps through self-service and dynamic menus. It highlights the top 10 most popular journeys for a selected period showing the numbers and percentages of calls that have travelled these routes with descriptions of each in plain English. It also displays the paths taken in an easy-to-follow graphical format - with lines of varying thicknesses representing paths of higher or lower call volumes;
- SpeechStorm Customer Journeys enables the business user to select a specific start point, end point or module used, e.g. payment capture, to understand what happens up to that point, from that point forward, or all journeys involving that step;
- SpeechStorm Customer Journeys provides the possibility of remembering customers who take a particular journey on one call so that companies can use that information to improve their experience the next time around;
- SpeechStorm Customer Journeys incorporates data from new callflows or applications as they are added to the IVR so reporting is always up to date, with no additional development required;
- Upgrading to the Fellini release and incorporating Customer Journeys into an existing SpeechStorm IVR implementation requires no changes to existing SpeechStorm applications. Customers simply enable Customer Journeys and its more detailed insight is immediately available.
About SpeechStorm - www.speechstorm.com
SpeechStorm® helps organisations of all sizes make everyday tasks easier for their customers. We provide pre-built IVR, speech self-service and mobile apps that reduce waiting times for customers and reduce call handling times in the contact centre. Our solutions are quick to implement and easy to manage, putting the business in control of the customer experience.
For more information, please contact:
VP Sales & Marketing,
90, Lisburn Road,
Tel: +44 28 9094 3100
For SpeechStorm media and analyst enquiries, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)7956 257069
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To IBM News 's Homepage ]